By KENS apothecary
Posted in Beauty Tips, Health, Skincare tips | Tags : caudalie malaysia, grown aclhemist malaysia, health, healthy skin, omorovicza malaysia, radiant, radiant skin, ren clean skincare, ren clean skincare malaysia
Healthy, radiant and youthful skin can be a reality. All you need in your arsenal is brightening skincare that’s packed with effective yet gentle ingredients to replace dullness with radiance – no doctor’s visit required. And if you don’t already know, it’s equally as important to incorporate acid-based skincare in your night-time beauty routine. We can’t stress enough the importance of exfoliation, say goodbye to dead skin!
Two acid ingredients commonly found in skincare products are:
- Alpha hydroxy acid:AHA is water-soluble and works on the epidermis from the bottom-up. It offers surface exfoliation, rebuilds collagen and moisturises, making it ideal for dry, mature or sun-damaged skin. Types of AHA include glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, tartaric acid, and mandelic acid.
- Beta hydroxy acid:BHA like salicylic acid is oil-soluble and uses the top-down approach by exfoliating inside the pores. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities which aregreat for oily or acne-prone skin. Together with AHA, this winning combo provides superior brightening and hydrating benefits.
Also popular among beauty aficionados and scientists, vitamin C earned its cult status thanks to its amazing antioxidant qualities that fight multiple signs of ageing.
Created with top quality ingredients and advanced technologies, our variety of serums, moisturisers and targeted treatments will surely kick-start your skin-brightening journey in the right direction!
Here are some of our best skincare for radiance!
Here are some skincare tips for you
- Prep your skin the right way: Use a pH-adjusting toner so that the acids in your subsequent skincare can work its magic at maximum strength.
- Bare it all: Use on bare skin right after cleansing or applying a pH-adjusting toner. It also helps to wait a few minutes and let the acid work before continuing with your routine.
- Slow and steady: Don’t just immediately chuck all your existing skincare away and just use only brightening products as your skin needs time to adapt. It’s recommended to start off by adding an exfoliating toner in your daily routine first.
- Have patience:Introduce your skin to acids by using every 3 to 4 days at first, then gradually up the frequency. Remember not to over-exfoliate!
- Pack on the sunscreen:The old adage ‘Prevention is better than cure’ especially rings true when it comes to sun protection. Aside from skin exfoliation, it’s also important to protect your skin from UV ray and pollution during the day. Using sunscreen on a daily basis helps make your night-time skincare routine more worthwhile too!
Practice these health tips to achieve radiant skin
Using the right skincare is crucial but taking care of your skin from within is just as essential. Do it right and the youthful glow will automatically reflect on your physical appearance. Here are some important tips you can try and trust us, your skin (and body) will thank you for it.
Hydration is key: Monitoring your water intake and maintaining it at 2 litres a day are probably two of the best things you can do for yourself. This allows your body to function optimally and also keeps your skin soft and supple.
Eat a balanced diet:Load up on good fats (found mainly in salmon, mackerel and avocado)as well as colourful vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy. If you like to snack, go for strawberries, citrus fruits, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts – all of these are proven complexion perfectors.
Sleep well: Not getting a good night’s rest can spell disaster especially for your skin. Sleep deprivation causes your body to produce more cortisol (also known as the stress hormone), limits blood flow to the skin and interferes with skin’s natural regeneration process, and your complexion becomes grey and lifeless as a result. In other words, you’ll look older than you are. Don’t like the sound of that? Then, it’s time you start squeezing in that 8 hours of sleep. Your body and skin will thank you for it.
Sweat it out: Working out doesn’t just keep your physical fitness in tip-top shape, it also benefits your skin as it boosts circulation and gets rid of toxins in the body. Mixing cardio exercise and high-intensity strength training is one quick way to sweat it out.
Quit smoking and drinking:If you don’t already know this, cigarettes and alcohol can wreak havoc to your body. Every time you light up, the harmful chemical substances in cigarettes basically deprives your skin of oxygen and cuts off its ability to breathe. Meanwhile, your skin becomes severely dehydrated and be potentially plagued by post-bingeing breakouts when you drink too much.Combine the two together and what you get is the early arrival of ageing symptoms on the skin.
At the end of the day, it is important to feel good about ourselves. Start from within and love yourself a little bit more each day!
Stay healthy, stay happy!
Image credit: www.pexel.com
With so many things demanding our attention on a daily basis, self-care is more important than ever....
With the launch of the new Limited Edition Grape Water, the expert plant-based water face mist for o...
Our latest launch, the Midnight Renewal, is an anti-aging serum designed to renew skin’s youthful vi...
Rahua is Rainforest Grown Beauty Named for the oil that has beautified the hair of Amazonian women ...