By KENS apothecary
Posted in Beauty Tips
Malin + Goetz’s new limited-edition Tomato Candle is inspired by its founders’ Matthew Malin and Andrew Goetz’s love of gardening. The candle is a bright olfactory interpretation of home-grown tomatoes ripening in the warm, summer sun.
“We are passionate gardeners and plant tomatoes every spring at our farmhouse in the Hudson Valley,” say Matthew and Andrew.
“By August, the smell of tomatoes is thick in the air as we harvest, cut and cook with them week after week. We created our Tomato Candle to capture the joy of this special season all year round.”
The fresh and verdant scent opens with a beautiful mélange of freshly-picked herbs – aromatic basil, calming lavender and cool mint leaves.
Vines of green ivy intertwine with the rich sweetness of a perfectly ripe tomato, melding with hints of uplifting mandarin and woodsy petitgrain to engage the senses.
Notes of earthy cedar wood and green pepper give the scent a soft, clean finish, recreating the abundance of aroma that permeates through Andrew and Matthew’s flourishing vegetable garden in the late summer.
Like all of its candles, the Tomato Candle is made with high-quality perfume oils and a vegetable wax blend. Hand-poured in Brooklyn by a father-and-son team, it has a clean, slow burn that fills any space with an intense and long-lasting scent.
- Top notes: Basil, green ivy, lavender + mint leaves.
- Middle notes: Tomato, mandarin + petitgrain.
- Base notes: Cedarwood + green pepper.
Other garden-inspired scents are:
- Stem eau de parfum.
- Sage candle.
- Otto candle.
- Neroli candle.
Candle use tips:
- Burn time of approximately 60 hours
- Burn at least 2-3 hours for first use.
- Afterwards, burn no more than 3 hours at a time.
- Trim wicks to ¼” (0.6 cm) prior to each lighting.
- Place on a heat-resistant, non-flammable surface.
- Keep away from drafts and walls.
- Discontinue use when ½” (1.3 cm) of wax remains.